Physio Skype consultation service
Do you have an acute or nagging injury that is disrupting your training and holding you back, but you are not sure if you can justify the time and expense of seeing a physiotherapist?
Perhaps you are injured but do not have access to a practitioner who has a sufficient understanding of climbing?
Maybe you’ve tweaked a muscle or tendon and need to recover in the quickest possible time for a trip, competition or project?
If any of these scenarios apply, then a Skype consultation with pioneering physiotherapist Nina Tappin (MHPC, MCSP, MCPTBC, ACPSEM, AACP) could be exactly what you want to get your climbing back on track.
How it works:
Nina Tappin offers Skype consultations to climbers who are struggling to find access to appropriate advice and treatment. The Skype consultation is NOT a full physiotherapy assessment. Nina will be able to perform a partial assessment by observing joint mobility, flexibility and strength tests that are easily performed in front of a screen.
Nina's aim will be to make a diagnosis and come up with a user-friendly treatment plan that suits your time constraints. If she concludes this is not possible via Skype she will assist with referral to a local practitioner or a doctor. Nina is also happy to liaise with any local therapists, climbing coaches and/or personal trainers after the consultation to help with further investigation and/or with the rehabilitation plan.
▪ Send an email to Neil, briefly outlining the following details: your name, age, years climbing, type of climbing you do, nature of your injury - how and when it occurred and where you feel pain (a few sentences will suffice in your initial contact). Neil will then liaise with Nina and she will contact you to arrange a Skype call.
▪ Before the call she will ask for a more detailed history of your injury and will send a standard medical and personal history questionnaire ahead of time. She will also communicate beforehand about any exercise equipment you may need for the assessment.
▪ During the consultation you can discuss any specific details or concerns relating, or any issues in your overall approach to climbing, which may be related to your injury. Nina’s aim is always to conclude the session with a firm diagnosis and with overview advice on rehab.
▪ For an additional charge, after the session Nina can work on a detailed rehab plan and email this to you. She will also be available for a fixed number of email contacts during the rehab process to answer any questions that may crop up whilst following the plan.
▪ IMPORTANT NOTE: Nina will always recommend that you seek a full physiotherapy and/or medical examination if you have medical issues or if complications ensue.