Neil’s highly acclaimed masterclass sessions are always fun and informal events. They are ideal for anyone who is climbing between F6a and F7a who is keen improve. The usual focus is on how to get the very most from your climbing wall sessions. We all tend to do the same old things but Neil will provide you with new ideas to boost your motivation and kick-start your climbing to the next level.
The sessions usually involve a combination of bouldering and leading, although a special focus can be made on one or the other. He always adapts the content to the requirements of the group.
- How to warm-up safely and effectively.
- How to keep your technique improving continuously:
- Tips for better footwork, maintaining balance, moving fluidly, staying relaxed and conserving energy.
- Tricks for leading such as reading the route, resting, changing pace, clipping, falling and advanced belaying.
- Training advice:
- How to use the wall to improve strength and endurance.
- Ideas for home training and how to compile a basic training programme.
PAYMENT & PRICING:
Prices may vary but Neil‘s usual ticket price for group sessions with 6 - 10 people is approximately £40 for 2 hours or £50 for 3 hours. Climbing wall managers who are interested in booking Neil are invited to email him directly.
In Praise of Neil’s Masterclass sessions:
"Thank you so much for the Masterclass I attended today! I wasn’t quite sure what to expect and must admit I was slightly nervous. However the class far exceeded any expectations! Within 5 minutes I knew we were on to something and by the end - the slate was wiped clean! The techniques you taught us altered my mindset and from now on, my approach to climbing!
I’m now looking at climbing in a new light and can’t wait to practice these new techniques until I get them dialed! I’m sure you get lots of emails like this but I just wanted to say THANK YOU Neil for a totally mind blowing masterclass today!"